Thursday, April 12, 2012

Drama, guns, and Harry Potter ... oh my!

My English friend and colleague, Jenny, sent me this video TNT Knows Drama. I got a kick out of it ... until the end when the silly Europeans just stand there during the gun shots. Don't they know you're supposed to hit the ground or run off in a zigzagging motion (or is that only with bears?)?

Further, for all of you Harry Potter fans:
Lauren: I can't believe no one ducked or got nervous when there were gun shots. Is that showing my Americaness?
Jenny: I don't think us Europeans know how to act around guns.
Jenny: We probably think they're magic Harry Potter killing wands.
Lauren: I think an avada kedavra (which I spelled wrong by one letter! I'm both proud and ashamed) death would be worse than a gun death.
Jenny: Really? It's so quick and painless.
Lauren: But, if you had a wand, too, you could have deflected it.
Jenny: Nahhh it depends on your reactions, it's like a giant game of bop it.

Clearly, a lot of work is being done this afternoon. It's not even Friday. x

No comments:

Post a Comment