Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Building a home?

I'm reading 'Art Deco' before it goes to first print and I came across this, which I hope to remember if I ever get around to building/renovating my own space:

“Demand that the bathroom, fully sunlit, be one of the largest rooms in the apartment, the old living room for example. With full-length windows, opening, if possible, onto a terrace for sunbathing, a porcelain washbasin, a bath-tub, showers, and gym equipment. In the adjacent room: a walk-in wardrobe for dressing and undressing. Do not undress in your bedroom. It is not very clean and it creates a distressing disorder. Demand one big room in place of all the living rooms. If you can, put the kitchen under the roof, to avoid odours. Demand a garage for cars, bicycles, and motorbikes from your owner, one per apartment. Ask for the servants’ quarters to be on the same floor. Do not pen your servants in under the roofs.” - Le Corbusier

Meanwhile, I just finished my first real book. The first one a six year old could have done, the second one big boss took over, and finally I got my own. The subject matter is erotic art in Berlin. Big boss kept checking on me because he thinks Americans are prude, but I think it went well. I hope he looks at it before he goes to France for two weeks so I can move on to the next step. If it's approved with few changes I'll get to do Amsterdam and Paris as well. I have to admit, however, I am a little weary and desensitised to looking at the business end of men and women and especially exaggerated orgies. All in a day's work.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment