Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm coming home...

I tried to stay awake and reflect on my feelings about going back to the US for the first time in almost two years, but it was simply too hard and I was too sleepy. A four hour nap can't really mess up trying to catch up to the east coast time zone can it? Thankfully there are sleeping aids.

Getting off the plane in Shanghai, or wherever I am, sadly, I'm not even sure, the lines separated Foreigners and Citizens. And it hit me. I'm not, for just a few short weeks, going to be a "foreigner" anymore! The idea of walking through in the States and it being mine (in some grand scheme of things) - gotta admit I got a bit teary. If they don't say welcome home, I'm going to be really disappointed.

A few hours later: It all comes flooding back, you know? Ebbing and flooding like the tide. The reasons you left, the reasons you wish you'd stayed, the various reasons in either case that you may regret in years to come.

I don't think this will be entirely easy. Enjoyable, but not easy. And luckily, I'm not one for regretting.

No comments:

Post a Comment