Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Amazing things are afoot

So a few weeks ago my friend and ex-colleague "introduced" her aunt (an author) and I to each other. We emailed back and forth a few times, and I have OFFICIALLY LANDED her 100,000-word, non-fiction! I am so incredibly excited and proud of myself. Aside from Helen's introduction, I handled all of the professional stuff ON MY OWN. I was just saying to Michael, I'm not sure when I became so professional/such a grown up.

In other news, I haven't made any decisions. Shocked? I didn't think so. My contract is ticking away and even though I feel slight anxiety at having no where to be on Monday, June 3rd, I can't shake this feeling of success, accomplishment, and sheer freedom to be and do whatever it is that I damn well feel like. I know this isn't the best economy to be quitting jobs willy-nilly, especially without a clear cut plan, but worry not, friends, I got this.

BUT if you want to lend a helping hand, any jobs in editing, in museums, or the like being passed my way would be most helpful and appreciated. Especially if they are at the Philadelphia Art Museum, because I've already found the PERRRRRFECT job, I just need an in. I'm going to apply before the week is out. That's right, you read it here first, I very well MAY be making a come back, east coast. GET READY!

Right, so with all of this excitement I have to go to sleep. Ha. LOVE!

PS: I bought a new camera! It was about time.

Status update: Cover letter written, resume updated, just waiting on an edit!

No comments:

Post a Comment