Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Adventures in Cooking: Pea Soup

I don't think I've ever had pea soup in my life. I always thought mom didn't make it because she'd seen the movie with the possessed girl too early and simply couldn't eat it - who would blame her? Recent conversations lead me to believe it was because most pea soups are chock full of ham.

I found a recipe that wasn't and cooked it as requested. It took FAR less time than the tomato soup, no chopping or peeling outside of carrots required, but I don't think I'll be making it again anytime soon. It was too thick and filling, you wouldn't even need a whole bowl to feel that you've had enough food for the day. Though the taste was good, I'm putting the rest is in the freezer for Dan to consume as it was his idea in the first place.

Next up: chicken and broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment