Thursday, March 20, 2014

Back to work!

Has it really been one week short of a month since my last post?! Which means I haven't cooked in nearly a month - not for lack of trying, but it turns out working then tutoring and finally getting in around 8 is so freaking exhausting. I'll never know how mom did it and then made sure we were fed and our homework done. Sheesh.

I love my new job in that it is a challenge every single day. I do, however, find some days to be far more rewarding than others. I've just had two days of feeling that I can't quite get anything right, but then I've never been a copywriter before. Learning curve and all.

I came on here to say, that even though I'm right, I can't help but feel like a jerk when I explain English:

Colleague: two questions: an historical or a historical? i believe - an ME: a historical; an honest, but a historical Colleague: ok Colleague: and, "As a result the Quo team recommend the following name" or "As a result the Quo team recommends the following name" ME: recommends Colleague: what value does the s add in this context? ME: team is singular though comprised of many, requiring an s; he goes, they go. she recommends, they recommend

Nevertheless, being right really does instil a BAMF attitude. And I love being right.

Heading off to Bangkok tomorrow night for only the second time since I've been in Asia which feels a bit wrong. Our friend Tom just moved there to be closer to his Thai girlfriend (both of whom once lived here). And I've got a meeting on Monday. It's very exciting to go to another country for work. JP never would have sent me anywhere, not even to the printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment