Sunday, April 10, 2011

What's the moon like where you are?

A friend from Jersey asked me if the moon is the same here. I laughed, it's such a small-town question, which I don't mean to be offensive, I just mean, you don't hear questions like that a lot. I think the moon is the same. I think I used to look up at it a lot at home... I don't look at the sky so much here. I don't know what that says about who I'm becoming, but I'd venture to say it's a good thing. I guess I used to be busy dreaming and now I'm so busy doing that I don't have time to look up.

Nothing too new or exciting to report. It is getting hotter by the day and I continue to look forward to the relief of the rainy season. They say there's two seasons here: hot and hot with rain. I've come to the conclusion, based on intense personal research, it is best to come to Vietnam sometime from December through February. But Romy went to Hue two weeks ago and it so cold (and rainy) she had to buy a COAT. Cold doesn't even register when it comes to being outdoors. Point being, no matter what time you come here, the weather somewhere is going to be overwhelming in one way or another.

I had my first party without Conor Rose on Friday. It made me miss home, but I think everyone enjoyed themselves. It was way more laid-back than anything Conor and I have ever hosted, and I've got enough left over vodka to last until next February.

Nothing special planned this week. I'm currently hot and hungry, so I'll try to be more timely with my postings in the future. My camera works when it wants to, it's really blurry most of the time, I'm not really sure what to do with that. I need to have a Vietnamese speaker come with me to a repair shop.

Tracey got a skirt, dress, and two blouses custom made for the equivalent of $15, she picks them up tomorrow; I'm excited to see how they turn out. I'm bored with my wardrobe already, hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment