Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ice, ice, baby...

Walking around the city-- despite dodging things, people, motorbikes, food carts, and stray dogs -- is becoming much more effortless. I've been on the go, so much so that this week I'm really hoping for a quiet one. I know I've mentioned the transience of Saigon... two of the people I've gone close to despite this short period of time left for good this weekend. It's so disheartening to think of all the time I'll spend here and all the things I'll do without them. I'm entirely too nostalgic by nature.

We went "ice" skating which was fun, but strange. It was more of a waxy-plastic, not real ice. We got Korean food after and it was horrible! I don't thing it was necesarily the fact that it was Korean, we just didn't know what to expect. Three people ordered ICED soup... so there was no ice skating, but there was ice soup. Needless to say, we'll not be going there again and I won't take any visitors there. Unless you're into iced soup, in which case you can go while I'm at work.

Just think, I'm coming up with quite a lot of things to pass your time in the city ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment