Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Let's play a game

Guy from Long Island: What are you doing here?
Me: Oh, I'm an english editor for an art publishing company.
GfLI: That's pretty cool.

Three minutes later...
GfLI: So, what do you do here?
Me: I'm an english editor. For an... art publishing company?
GfLI: Oh that's so great. You usually only meet teachers coming from the west. Do you like it?
Me: Uhh... yeah, we talked about this three minutes ago.

Let's play a game, it's called LISTENING. I know it's hard, but give it a try; not only might you enjoy it and get more out of life, but people will like you better. Just a thought!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren, You are so funny, I'm loving reading about your tribulations over there. Sounds like an experience of a lifetime. Enjoy yourself.. Love Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the look on your face. Lol

    ReplyDelete