Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mission: Complete

So, Lizzie, my roommate, insisted Tracey and I sign up for this website called goodreads.com. Being the bibliophile I am, I signed up without much of a push; feel free to friend me, just use my email address. Don't judge the books I've rated, I don't have hours upon hours to update the site and I proudly admit to enjoying a good piece of trash every once in a while. Anyway, it's a great way to keep track of the books you've read and the books you want to read, as well as get recommendations from your friends. I've been intending to make a book journal for ages and this just made life infinitely more simple. Alright, enough free advertising.

Anyway, I was looking for the title to a book I'd read in a private journal I've been keeping since my first year in college. I was smart enough to finally tag all of the entries two summers ago when I was lifeguarding an empty pool. In my search, and the point to this post, I found this gem:

"I want to move to another country and maybe never come back. How do Visas work? I don't necessarily want to give up my citizenship, I just need to do something new and exciting. Places I have in mind, even though I don't really know much about most of them: the U.K., Spain, South Africa, France, Italy, or maybe Greece (I don't know how hot it gets there). I'd consider South American countries, but it's too damn hot."

Well, I'm out of the country! No where I thought I'd like to go and it is damn hot. But, first part of the mission: COMPLETE.

I imagine if I kept looking I'd find others but I'm off to meet Romy to go to Velvet for Ladies Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment