Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Home sweet... Saigon

Well, my weekend in Nha Trang was awesome up until last night when I thought the train was at 9pm and it was actually at 7pm and I noticed at 6:30pm. We had crappy ban mi's (egg and tofu on a baguette) and slept until the train that was SUPPOSED to be 9 hours (which would have put us back in Saigon at 4am) turned out to be 11.5 hours, and THEN my taxi driver decided to give me a tour of the city and run up the cab fair pretending not to know where he was going. I got in my apartment at 7:40am this morning and ran out the door at 7:55am to go to work.

Needless to say today's lunch was fantastic because it basically felt like I hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday... which, by the way, was an amazing lunch. Nha Trang is a definite must for any one that comes to Vietnam: cool ocean air, fresh sea food, and tons of English speaking Vietnamese! And the overnight train is pretty sweet.. even if it takes WAY longer than they say.

I tried to send more post cards this weekend, but I miscalculated my time immensely and didn't make it to the post office. I'm going to Mui Ne this weekend, I think, so look for some love from there.

xo, L

No comments:

Post a Comment