Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy September!

I can't believe I've been here for six months. Some days I could almost count how much longer I'm here, but most days it feels like it's going too fast. The weather's been very reminiscent of Jersey in autumn, windy with a hint of coolness. Hard to believe I'm not going to have a proper autumn or any kind of winter. I don't think I'm regretting it too much, though.

Between my extremely fickle computer and the immense load of work I've had at the office since the other english editor quit almost a month and a half ago, I've been too tired, impatient, and busy to post.

Last Friday was Vietnamese Independence day. Nothing too special appeared to happen. Most of my friends went out of town, so I enjoyed a quiet weekend in the city. I promised my friend Nicky I'd stay out with her Saturday night because I always bail and go home early. It was more fun than I anticipated, so maybe I've learned to stop bailing on her.

We're gearing up for the Frankfurt Book Fair at work, it's at the end of October in Germany. Robin and Julien are going, while we're here in the office now working our fingers off. Perhaps I should be in Marketing? No, seriously, I prefer editing, I just wish there was a second person to share the very heavy load of all the things that need to be ready for the Fair.

I had to work today, so I'm just settling in for the afternoon with no grand plans to do anything. Robin's roommate (and a bunch of her American friends! so few Americans here haha) is planning karaoke tonight, so I might do that.

I could use a nap now. Love and miss you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment