Friday, September 16, 2011

I've got some troubles, but they won't last

Hi all! You'll never guess what I just returned from doing... I'm not sure I believe I did it.

I was out with western friends the other night and a guy came up to Romy and I and asked if we'd like to be in a movie. Half interested and half joking I said sure! He said he needed extras to play doctors and nurses in a feature film based in Australia but with scenes here in Vietnam. After a lot of blabber from my friends, I decided to just go and check it out today after work.

Apparently I AUDITIONED for a role, the most pathetic audition I'm sure there ever was because I never thought to take a second of the experience seriously... it's Vietnam, after all, AND the guy made it seem like he just needed people in the backgound. They took some photos and I did a film test and had to dance... yes DANCE to Sugar Town (hence the title of this post). Apparently if I'm chosen, thanks to my "fresh face and smile" I'd be a girl in the band, not a nurse as I'd have imagined. (By the way, the film is family comedy about girls who sing for soldiers haha.) I'm not taking this seriously as I'm sure it was just another story to add to my exciting tale about Vietnam. But, wouldn't it be quite crazy if I was actually in a film? If I suddenly managed to become known if only in Australia and Vietnam?

Filming starts in a month. I'll let you know what happens... assuming I hear from them before I forget the whole experience.

In the office tomorrow :( Two Saturdays in a row, WHAT IS THIS?! Still working with book fair stuff, so nothing new to report there. Love to all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment