Sunday, March 20, 2011

Extremely Loud (& Incredibly Close)

The book referenced in the title is one of my favorite books, written by Johnathan Safran Foer about a 9-year-old boy on a search to find out about a key left behind his father, who was killed during the 9/11 attacks. I personally found it to be really beautiful and touching, bursting into hysterical fits as well as tears throughout the book. Anyway, they're making a movie based on the book! I haven't been more excited since finding the date of Harry Potter 6, 7.1 and 7.2. I hope the story line flows well. Either way, I can't wait.

I'm not getting much reading for pleasure done. I read all day at work and the idea of looking at another word once I get home is just horrible. I'll get used to it; I can't ever find anything interesting on TV, so eventually I'll HAVE to revert back to books. In the mean-time I've still got the entire Audrey Hepburn collection to get through.

The title also refers to how freaking loud this country is. Horns, buses, more horns, the languages people yell all day every day, the television in my apartment, motorbike exhausts. I'm pretty sure I'll be deaf three years earlier than I would be had I not lived here.

Danielle is gone now; she had to leave two months early due to a death in the family. I went to her place Saturday and sat around, not helping her pack, but not hindering the process either. We got some lunch with Romain and all of our friends came over her place to say goodbye, as she caught the midnight plane outta here. She accidentally sprayed her pepper spray, it was HORRIBLE! At least now we know if you spray it indoors and need to escape, you'll be the only person unaffected. I think we all laughed until we were nearly in tears; whether the tears were legit or if they were left over from the pepper spray, I can't be sure.

Today I am not leaving my apartment, I think it's necessary every other week to just bum around in your space. But too much more than that and I feel like you're wasting this great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment