Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Motorbike!

So, it took 10 days to find the time and courage, but I finally rented a bike yesterday. It is nerve-wrecking and exhausting. To tell you I ended up in District 5 from District 3 while aiming for District 1 will mean absolutely nothing to you, but basically, I was terrified to turn left and drove for an extra 15 minutes. Give me a break, remember the first time you drove a car? It's the same, without the metal/aluminum/plastic casing around you -- hence much more terrifying. The boys say I'll feel better about it in a few days, I hope they're right. I did drive myself to work this morning, and gave myself a huge pat on the back when the bike and I arrived unscathed. Granted, I left at 7:30 and only arrived at 8 haha... it took me forever. But, slow and steady wins the race.

I'm already excited to take a trip out of the city on it. For all of you bike enthusiasts, it's a brand new, (yellow!), semi-automatic honda wave.

I just got in and I'm sweating to death from nerves. Enjoy the rest of your week!

xo, L

2 comments:

  1. You brave soul, practice makes perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny that you ended up riding a bike. I never did get a ride on the one in the shed. As a mom I must say look twice. You do have guts.

    ReplyDelete