Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Here we are at the obligatory Thanksgiving post. I went to dinner at a friend of a friend's apartment. The food didn't compare even a little, but it was my first time having turkey since I've been here... apparently they don't have turkeys in Vietnam. I can't imagine where they get it from when it is available - it's expensive enough to come from Indiana. Stuffing, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese, all good enough. I met some other Americans, which is always nice, none I think I'll see again though.

We showed up a little late and so missed the "I'm thankful for ..." round, which I'm incredibly thankful for because I never know what to say. I'm aware of the irony. Anyway, I will share with you all what I'm thankful for: this amazing year abroad, all of the people I've met, the love and support of my family and friends, the job experience and assurance that this is something I deeply enjoy and would be happy to do forever. I'm thankful for all of the travelling I will get to do in up coming months. I'm sure there are other things, but you know the magical powers of turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment