Sunday, February 20, 2011

Alone in a big little city

I’m alone in my adorable hotel room. Danielle says she refuses to baby me and has left me on my own, with her cell at least. I’m going to get my own as soon as I recover from my most recent walk in the oven they call Bui Vien. I bought a bag less likely to be stolen and had lunch. I know where to go for a cell phone, I think. And I called “Mr. Jon” to look at an apartment.

I wouldn’t mind so much if she babied me. I didn’t come here to learn how to figure it out on my own, particularly since Asia was never in my plans and it’s unlikely I’ll have such a difficult time figuring life out in any other county. I wouldn’t have come had I not had a friend here already.

Most of her friends speak French… sure they all speak English, but one person goes off in French and they all follow. A tad annoying.

Her birthday last night was pretty fun. One could quickly adjust to the night life here.

The internet isn’t working on my laptop in my hotel. A sign of what’s to come? Alright, off to get a phone and see this apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment