Friday, February 18, 2011

Obama is cool around the world.

Still rather unsure about the time. I have a good feeling it’s the 17th here. I’ve definitely been traveling since 12pm Tuesday, February 15… it’s currently 1:30am Thurs Feb 17th in Jersey, so it’s been a solid 37 hours and I’m still not landing in HCMC until 6. A nice guy, I missed where he’s ACTUALLY from, but he lives in the Philippines, said I look for for my long travel time and little rest. He proceeded to tell me his girlfriend is my age and that he’s nearing 60. I felt the need to relocate.

En route to my gate, which I’m continuing the trend of being as far away as possible, I heard a 10-13 year old kid say, “Obama’s cool.” His 14-16 year old sister, presumably, said, “We don’t even live in America.” I winked at him as she badgered him about his grades.

Traveling alone is so freeing and yet extremely lonely. Lonely and alone don’t usually go together in my book. I like being alone, but on the other side of the world, there’s no one to comment on the sights with.

I’m carrying $10HK out of the country, mostly because nothing here is that cheap and I don’t want to exchange any more USD.

No comments:

Post a Comment