Thursday, February 10, 2011

I miss the way the sun lights up your face

In the early morning hours on the eve of my supposed departure, a calm is settling over me. I know I'm not leaving tomorrow, and I think a few days was just what I needed. Second guessing the biggest decision of my life is not something I should be doing 35 hours before my flight takes off.

What's the deal with being so upset about leaving people that mean so much to me? On both ends, it's like, of course we'll see each other again and inevitably have so much more (or God forbid, so much less) to talk about. I suppose it IS possible to outgrow people on the other side of the world, and there's a few I wouldn't miss but there's so many more that I would miss were this year to take us apart.

Ugghh, this sleep schedule is not doing me any good. Since I have a few more days to make the official adjustment, I think I'll sleep to dream now and wait for the "your trip has been delayed" email that will inevitably come.

No comments:

Post a Comment